Ali's Thoughts & Observations21April 2014By: Ali Velshi
Al Jazeera America Expands “Real Money with Ali Velshi” to One Hour
Al Jazeera America announced that beginning today, Monday, April 21, the channel has expanded “Real Money with Ali Velshi” to one hour, in order to better serve viewers with clear, comprehensible business reporting during the election year and go in-depth into under-reported business stories and economics issues Americans most care about.Read More21February 2014By: Ali Velshi
It’s #Winning To Be Poor. Just Ask A Really Rich Guy
Tom Perkins needs to find a hobby. It seems the billionaire Silicon Valley venture capitalist hadn’t gotten it out of his system after calling attention, in what turned out to be the most-read letter-to-the-editor in Wall Street Journal history...Read More28May 2013By: Ali Velshi
The solution to what’s wrong with American cable news
The latest audience survey, conducted in February among 4,000 Americans aged 18-64, underscored cable TV segmentation trends unfolding for years. The national survey of news consumption habits (paid for by networks and channels, generally for use in ad sales) confirmed facts that many outside the television news industry might find surprising. For example, the average [...]Read More24May 2013By: Ali Velshi
Ex-CNN anchor: Twitter is merciless when media lag, ruthless when they’re wrong
I’ve spent almost 20 years as a reporter and anchor and have covered more live, fast-breaking stories than I remember. Mistakes happen regularly on cable news because of the inexact and unreliable nature of rolling coverage. But most of the mistakes don’t matter: the exact color of the car, the exact price of the stock, the exact quote from the courtroom.Read More
- MT @hereandnow: #Walmart is "Apple of retailers" squeezing suppliers to give customers the best prices" @AliVelshi: http://t.co/Xcj8MXqDP9
- RT @kcassidyk: @AliVelshi asking business & government @UN where #600millionjobs will come from. http://t.co/2OKN7zcUHT
- At the @UN for @ILO @UNECOSOC #600MillionJobs #DecentWork #Action2015
- @NJStateSociety about what, specifically, was he uninformed?
- @KarlSwensson you keep threatening to leave but don’t. And I keep telling you the show has changed and the name will, too
- @KevinJAudette have you ever watched Al Jazeera?
- @helenohlee unfortunately not available on SK :-(
- @3820ct I interview him and challenge him.
- @bossmanham well if you don’t want the most simplistic of your arguments quoted, don’t make them
- @bossmanham what, specifically, did Ike about?