Ali's Thoughts & Observations21February 2014By: Ali Velshi
It’s #Winning To Be Poor. Just Ask A Really Rich Guy
Tom Perkins needs to find a hobby. It seems the billionaire Silicon Valley venture capitalist hadn’t gotten it out of his system after calling attention, in what turned out to be the most-read letter-to-the-editor in Wall Street Journal history...Read More28May 2013By: Ali Velshi
The solution to what’s wrong with American cable news
The latest audience survey, conducted in February among 4,000 Americans aged 18-64, underscored cable TV segmentation trends unfolding for years. The national survey of news consumption habits (paid for by networks and channels, generally for use in ad sales) confirmed facts that many outside the television news industry might find surprising. For example, the average [...]Read More24May 2013By: Ali Velshi
Ex-CNN anchor: Twitter is merciless when media lag, ruthless when they’re wrong
I’ve spent almost 20 years as a reporter and anchor and have covered more live, fast-breaking stories than I remember. Mistakes happen regularly on cable news because of the inexact and unreliable nature of rolling coverage. But most of the mistakes don’t matter: the exact color of the car, the exact price of the stock, the exact quote from the courtroom.Read More04April 2013By: Ali Velshi
Ali Velshi joins Al Jazeera America
Al Jazeera America, the new US-based news channel set to launch later this year, today announced that Ali Velshi has joined Al Jazeera America to develop and host a daily primetime business program.Read More
- @HenryRops1 he's one of my favorites, too. And I suspect he'd quite like Al Jazeera America. Will you take his word for it if he does?
- @HenryRops1 you sure are doing a lot of digging, and working hard to avoid all of the complimentary write ups, including all of the awards
- @HenryRops1 this one is THIRTEEN YEARS OLD!
- @HenryRops1 ok I'm signing-off. Should you choose to watch it and identify anti slant whatsoever, I'm happy to discuss
- @HenryRops1 why wouldn’t you just watch and then judge the product?
- @HenryRops1 again, I don’t editorialize; I report.
- @HenryRops1 but I always call for absolute freedom of the press
- @HenryRops1 that’s not my job. I’m a reporter, and I do that well. Perhaps you should watch me
- @HenryRops1 they are governments. The point is governments can fund media outlets that don’t advance their agendas
- @HenryRops1 I'd be most happy to continue this conversation once you have 1st hand knowledge of our product, as I do